Monday, November 14, 2011

What I'm Thankful for... & Winners!

my Big Crazy Family!

The director of the Crop Chocolate Focus Group (which the entire Design Team gets to participate in) issued a challenge of what we are Thankful for.  I did go one step further & created a little tutorial for you at the end of this post.  I really hope you like it!

 




The photo is from 2010 and includes my dad (bio) and mom (step); dh's brother, dh's mom & dad (all bio); my niece, my son, my brother, mom (bio), my other son, mom (step), mom's husband, dad (adoptive), dh & me.


 


I know, it's crazy, don't even try to understand cuz it's just easier that way!


This year we're adding my brother's girlfriend & her son, plus my older brother with his girlfriend and a couple of her children - wow, we're gonna need a bigger house!


Look at that... a hidden tag, but it's so much more than just a tag... it's a map of who is in the picture!





so you wanna see how I made this?



 Not difficult at all if you have a copier

 Put original into copier


Make a black/white copy






put tracing paper or vellum on the copy & trace around all of the people, shade in a few of the major details just so you can tell who is who







then add your labels & create your scrapbook masterpiece!  Wahoo, you're done!

Hope you enjoyed this little tutorial


Those of you following me this week for my week of being the Growing In Unity Gal.... here are my winners!
Stamp set of choice (from list provided to me):
#95... which is Day 4 comment #5:
Jenny said...
Gorgeous ( as always )!
Bo Bunny Welcome Home 6x6 Paper Pad:
#131... Day 4 comment #15:

A Few of My Favorite Things said...
Love the layers on the heart!! And the way it's hung  Please send me an email: ScrapAddictsAttic@gmail.com & we'll make arrangements to get your prize to you!  Thanks so much for playing along!  The two winners have one week from today to contact me before I do another drawing :-)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout, Paula! It highlights the photo beautifully. And the tag to identify the people in the photo is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea! I won something... This is definitely a first for me! Send me an email @
    jennyb at ripnet dot com.

    ReplyDelete