Saturday, November 3, 2012

Silhouette Style

Silhouette is the new challenge from Our Creative Corner... I thought of a dusk drive thru down the dirt roads with the windows down, the sum blazing it's final hurrah for the day & the sky fading in the glory of the sun... whoa, where did that come from?  I think I'm channeling my mom or something ;-) lol


Blue Paper - Core'dinations Color Core Cardstock

Orange & Yellow Paper - Core'dinations Pearl Cardstock

Additional color on moon - Tattered Angles Chalkboard Tomate Cerise

Car Die - Tim Holtz Old Jalopy

Die Cardstock - Basic Grey

Fence Paper - Farm House Sugar Hilll

Fence Die - Tim Holtz On The Fence


5 comments:

  1. Amazing card Paula. I love everything about this - from that gorgeous Tim Holtz die cut vintage car to the colour scheme you have used - its just perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever take on this challenge, Paula! So evocative - I can almost feel the warm dusty breeze coming in the windows! Love the way you used the jalopy die cut and the fence is the perfect finisher! Super take on the silhouette challenge!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Paula, this card is simply beautiful! Love the pretty colors and the antique car diecut... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paula, I have to agree, you sure did a fabulous job on this weeks challenge! very clever and very creative! I know folks will be inspired by this fabulous card! and I just love the old truck die cut. very classic. I can just envision this truck toting around surf boards and their riders, as they cruise the coast looking for the perfect wave.
    I hope your weekend is wonderful. hugs, sharon w.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love a good freeze out!! I say this because our family celebrates the last hoorah of summer and when then cool temperatures hit, we roll the windows down and crank the heat and enjoy the ride. Reminded me of all the fun family drives. Your spot on reconstruction of the setting sun is fantastic! Love where your brain took you on this one and your creativity captured it perfectly Paula :)
    hugs to you and I hope you have a wonderful week.
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete