Saturday, February 9, 2013

party time!




wahoo!  this week Lisa of Our Creative Corner challenged us with a photo to inspire... and boy was I intimidated at first but then I got going... I really got going... I got stickles on three fingers at one time, embossed with three colors at one time... found the perfect sentiment for my friend I'm sending this one to & everything... I'm calling it a success!




CardBase - DoodleBug Design Inc. Filigree Slim Pack








I made the rosette a while back when just messing around with cream colored cardstock that I sprayed with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Purple (not real sure of the correct name as I got it from the T.A. Warehouse and the label is gone but I LOVE this color)


Then I drug my Stickles Starry Night down the creases to make them sparkle.


I punched the gold & green Making Memories Slice Metallic Paper with an old Creative Memories punch & topped it all off with this Metal Crown from Making Memories.


Dressform Stamp - Unity Stamp Co. Kit of the Month: Love in an Instant

Stamped with VersaMark

Embossed using Zing in Green, Gold & Purple

Sentiment Stamp - Unity Stamp Co. Doni' it with a Smith

White Ink - CloseToMyHeart Daisy White Pigment Ink

Butterfly Stamp - Unity Stamp Co. Moment by Moment

I smeared Stickles in Golden Rod, Purple & Firefly on the stamp then applied to the card, for the centers I dabbed on Liquid Pearls in Buttercup, Ivy Green & Majestic Purple... butterfly trails are Stickles Crystal


and Here is your Inspiration Photo from Lisa!

This, of course, screams Mardi Gras to me.  and since it's a mask, I thought how fun it would be to provide a body to go with it!  Now let's see what you do with it :-)  I want to see

5 comments:

  1. Goodness, you DID rock it! It's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you kidding? That rosette was initially cream? That's crazy cool! I never would have guessed that. I love that you just went wild with this project, messy fingers and everything!!! :D
    Your take on the photo with a head and then leading off by making a body is perfect. Your card for your friend is just superb Paula. :)
    Thank you so much for rocking out another super cool piece of inspiration.
    hugs to you,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Paula
    Gosh I am with Lisa here I love that rosette, the Card looks great.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fabulous card, Paula. The rosette and colors are awesome! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous card Paula! That rossette is awesome. Love how you used that dressform stamp and great color combo.
    Hugs ;)

    ReplyDelete