Friday, May 30, 2014

Graduate Gift


Sketch Inspiration - Freshly Made Sketches #138


I've already posted the card I made for one of my bestie's daughters who just graduated from college
and has been accepted to Law School
how flippin awesome is that?!
With a little girl and husband to raise, she did that!
And is going to do more :-)
So I thought, "hey, you should do more for her"
a little something to keep giving.
I called my 94 year old father-in-law (yes my hubby was a late in life surprise for them)
I asked him to make her a special pen (yes he still works in his woodshop!)
but this pen isn't made from wood...
Isn't it beautiful?!




I made her a little tag to maybe use as a bookmarker, I don't know if she will or not

A little pick-me-up sentiment for when she starts doubting her self with a "what the heck am I doing" moment that I know she'll have, especially when she's missing her family.

Sentiment - Unity Stamp Co. Each Moment is Success

Flower Stamp - Unity Stamp Co. Wild Poppy Silhouette

Leaves Stamp - Unity Stamp Co. Make Your Mark

Butterfly - UmWowStudio Nature Walk Butterfly (I covered it with Zing embossing powder in 3 colors before melting it - these are So Much Fun!)

threw on some dew drops, a bit of twine & some seam binding

Then I tied it all to just a blank dark green cardstock which I wrote her a short note on the back of, it's going postal today


17 comments:

  1. Very pretty and inspirational tag! So cool that your FIL is crafty too and still at it at 92! I like to believe that having a hobby you love keeps you young at heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so pretty. your daughters friend will cherish it!
    -Rachel
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice to cherish your daughters friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much pretty detail in this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Paula, way to step outside the box. I love it! Such a nice thing to do for the young lady....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Graduate Gift!! Love the senti! You did a fabbo job here!
    Peace,
    KristyLee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully detailed! Lovely tag! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty tag! Your daughter's friend will definitely appreciate it! Love that butterfly! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a thoughtful gift, that you have created!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful tag/bookmark and pen! Good luck to your friend's daughter!

    ReplyDelete