Saturday, May 10, 2014

It's almost Mother's Day

today was such a crazy, family filled, body abusing kinda of day!  We helped my sister move her stuff into her new house about an hour away from us... all the way from California, we are in Arkansas!  One of our brothers & a cousin, plus our dad & step-mom came to help along with my younger son & my sweet birthday-boy husband!  After being treated to lunch out, we got cleaned up then went to visit my wonderful mother-in-law who recently had to start living in a nursing home.  Since my mil doesn't have any touches of home and loves photos of the family, we got her a digital picture frame & loaded some pictures on the SD card for her... every time a picture of my fil came up, she would say "doesn't he look good for a 94 year old?" LOL and it's true!  I married a man with some excellent longevity genes, although he only turned 47 today.
For my inspiration, I used Freshly Made Sketches #135




Printed Papers - Authentique Cherish

Ribbon - His & Hers

Stamps - all from Unity Stamp Co.
Sentiment from Heartfelt Sentiments
Butterfly from Kit of the Month June 2012: Sweet Summer Love
Rose from Layers of Life April 2014: fly unique

Inks - Roses CloseToMyHeart Baby Pink & Key Lime
Butterfly CloseToMyHeart Lime & Heavenly Blue
Sentiment Memento Rich Cocoa

and in other Good News:  I found today that I was chosen to be on the Design Team for Mountain Plains Crafters!  I am THRILLED to say the least!  I haven't been on a DT for quite some time now (ok so I haven't applied for many, only MPC & one other that I wasn't selected for), I kinda just thru my name in and didn't worry about it at all.... then much to my surprise today after returning home exhausted, I saw the announcement on Facebook!  Thanks for choosing me!

3 comments:

  1. So soft and pretty for Mom! Congrats on your new DT gig! you'll be great! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card! Love that green bow! Congrats on your new DT position! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Paula, Love the card you did or Mothers Day ~ your cards are always awesome. Thanks for sharin

    ReplyDelete