Monday, October 30, 2017

Growing In Unity 2017 - Day 1

It is ridiculous how excited I get when it is my turn to be a
Growing In Unity Gal! Unity Stamp Company is crazy awesome
for how the include their customers in their business,
as for our feedback and let us do a little card designing for them
one whole week each year! They also have sales
All.The.Time.

With all that said, let's get started with my DAY ONE!

So many holiday coming up, I decided to hit them all!

Here we go with HALLOWEEN:
Oh how I love this witch! I started with simply stamping Esmerelda Girl then making a mask & temporarily gluing the mask down. I made a circle mask, colored it with Tim Holtz Oxide Inks. I used the branch from the Trust Your Soul, SMAK 11/14. Next, using a swiping pattern, colored the sky & ground with various Oxide Inks, pulled of Esmerelda's mask, misted on a bit of water & heat set. Topped off the moon with quite a bit of Wink of Stella. Using a black fine tip pin, I touched up the kitty so he really stood out. Colored pencil around the kitty and broom give them a little depth. Distressed the edges in Black Soot Distress Ink. Sentiment is the top part of Ghosts, Goblins, Witches (wit & wisdom) which is a little crooked but I kinda like it!

You can get Esmerelda Girl: HERE
Ghosts, Goblines, Witches (wit & wisdom): HERE
Trust Your Soul SMAK: HERE (or sign up for monthly kit to save and get great stamps)

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

This one isn't really Halloween but since Purple is one of my favorite colors, I thought I'd share
I created this background after doing acrylic pour painting, when I moved my canvas off the rack, I looked in the tray and boom this was there! So I grabbed a 6x6 canvas and dipped it into the run-off paint. After letting it dry for a couple of weeks, I finally decided this is the perfect stamp for it!

You can get What others Say: HERE

Don't forget to leave a comment on each day's post to be entered in the drawing!

24 comments:

  1. Congrats on your GIU week! Love your Esmerelda Girl card! Wonderful stamp!
    Happy Halloween to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card.. this is a great stamp..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic cards. I do like Esmarelda!
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cards I like the background in your first card even though you know in not a fan of Halloween But your pour card is simply amazing. I hope you have a great GIU week

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the card, the background you did is amazing!! Can't wait to see what else you come up with this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Esmeralda is so cool. Love that card. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. You certainly put a lot of work into your card! Love the background! Great idea using wink of Stella on the moon too! Also love your canvas! I’ve been getting more and more interested in trying the acrylic pour method. It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really neat techniques used on this card. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the eerie background colors! Looks great! Good reminder for me, I need to do shadowing even with paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That branch going behind her is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Early Happy Birthday.
    Love the witch.
    The sentiment is fantastic.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow these are amazing! I just love the awesome colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The moon and the branch is my fav part of this card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cool card. I like the way the cat's tail is curling around her dress.
    --Phaline Mays

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a super cool background for Esmeralda! I love how you stamped the branch and such a fab sky bg. Your little canvas is gorgeous and sure to make a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Spooky witch scene and love the background on your second project.
    slrdowney at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  17. L*O*V*E the Halloween card very much; it's gorgeous! And I also love the sentiment being crooked; works perfectly. Purple is MY favorite color, so I love that beautiful canvas & the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Masking the witch worked perfectly. This is truly a work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love it! Can't wait to try these tips!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh this is so perfectly spooky. Great take on the colors and brightening up the cat. Love the addition of the branch. Mixing Unity kits is one of my favorite ways to craft. Helps me feel like I can justify my addiction!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great job on coloring the background and masking, I like how you left the main images I colored.

    ReplyDelete